Monday, March 18, 2019

Shiny object


I lack all feeling for
what speaks thru parentheses
If gesture cut loose
wrangled yet undefined
I punched the mirror
it’s my repugnant theatre
I chose the tangent
internalized the negative
& sold myself a bill of goods

Have I told you the story of the
ventriloquized scream
(she says she is in pain)
We seek pencil on paper
a deadpan translation
& struggle for stubborn facts
so that the weak may triumph
if there were time to take time
I would subtract myself
& yield to the senator from Minnesota or Maine
or rather opt for nullset or muzzle
& question my body's response
answers captive to the memory of music
I lack all feel for what speaks
(night in which all cows were black)
Paradise if you don’t mind the extremes
the outliers the laughter the tumultuous
drone the placebo
The intoxication coupled in place
with complicit tears

I lack all feeling for
what speaks thru parentheses
(discourse of the unsaid)
exempt from superego
We found your reciprocal angel at the 99 cent store
A barbarism absent all ideology
how to mimic doxa
(inseam of digestive tract)
how to return the pitched ball
how to become proximate cause
to the point of indifference




No comments: